Chairperson: Marlene Lambie Committee: Ariel Buchanan, Fern Dumond, Peggy French, Liz Grummett,Tanya King, Janelle Lambie, Ruth Lambie, Martha Leonard, Mae MacDonald, Brenda McCartney, Nona McClung, Deb McLean, Brenda Munshaw, Heather O’Neill, Sarah Parnell, Janine Peck, Noreen Ritchie, Carolyn Ritchie, June Ritchie, Sharon Tuck, Karen Turner, Michelle Veenstra PICK-UP RULES: All exhibits in the Hall to be left until 4:30 pm on Saturday, October 7, 2023. At 4 pm the adult home craft area will be closed to spectators as volunteers prepare articles/exhibits for pick-up. At 4:30 pm, ONLY exhibitors and/or their designates will be permitted into the Hall to gather entries. Proof of ownership may be required.
- JEFF’S JUNK – SPECIAL for “ Men Only”
Featuring: A sporting event snack – 4 items to enjoy while watching sports on TV. ie. Trail mix, cookies, caramel corn etc. Must be attractively displayed. PRIZES: 1st – $50 | 2nd – $30 | 3rd – $20
B. GEORGIAN BAKERY, MIDLAND – SPECIAL
Featuring: Best double crust, whole pie, recipe of choice. PRIZES: 1st – $25 | 2nd – $15 | 3rd – $10
C. ELMVALE BAKERY – SPECIAL
Featuring: loaf of multi-grain bread, recipe of choice PRIZES: 1st – $15 | 2nd – $10 | 3rd – $5
D. CORONATION MASONIC LODGE – SPECIAL
Featuring: Chocolate layer cake, iced or frosted PRIZES: 1st – $15 | 2nd – $10 | 3rd – $5
E. CORONATION MASONIC LODGE –
SPECIAL for “Men” only Featuring: 8” pan of apple crumble PRIZES: 1st – $15 | 2nd – $10 | 3rd – $5
F. TURNVIEW FARMS HONEY, WAVERLEY
– SPECIAL Featuring: 5 Applesauce Cookies, using the recipe below, pleasantly presented PRIZES: 1st – $15 | 2nd – $10 | 3rd – $5
Cream together: 1 cup liquid honey ½ cup shortening Add: 2 beaten eggs 1 cup applesauce Sift together: 3 cups all purpose flour ½ tsp salt ½ tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp cinnamon Add dry ingredients to honey/applesauce mixture & mix well Stir in: ½ tsp vanilla 1 cup raisins 1 cup chopped nuts Drop onto greased cookie sheet, Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 – 12 minutes
G. MARTA HARRADINE-DUIVENVOORDEN –SPECIAL
Featuring: Chelsea buns, 8” round OR square, attractively displayed. Recipe of choice PRIZES: 1st – $50 | 2nd – $30 | 3rd – $20
H. “FOR MEN ONLY” SPECIAL
Prize sponsored by Flos Agricultural Society Featuring: Loaf of Beer Bread, recipe of choice. Please include a copy of the recipe, and an empty bottle or can of beer that you used.
PRIZES: 1st – $10 | 2nd – $8 | 3rd – $5
PRIZES SECTIONS 1 – 27: 1st – $6 | 2nd – $5 | 3rd – $4 PRIZE MONEY SPONSORED IN PART BY: JMC STONEWORKS LTD. ROYAL TEA ON KING – NEW SPONSOR BELL FALLS FAMILY CAMPGROUND – NEW SPONSOR ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MADE FROM SCRATCH **PLEASE ATTACH ENTRY TAGS TO PLATES, NOT TO THE BAG (COVER) YEAST (Rolls are individual – Buns are attached)
- Loaf of Homemade White Bread
- Loaf of 60% Whole Wheat Bread
- Loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread, baked in a bread machine
- Basket of 5 Rolls
Please display following classes on 6” (max) plates, in re-sealable bags if possible to maintain freshness. MUFFINS (Paper cups removed)
- 3 Blueberry Muffins
- 3 Fruit Explosion Muffins
PIES & TARTS
- 6 Butter Tarts, no nuts, raisins or fruit, homemade including the pastry.
**Winner of section 7 is eligible to enter District Competition in late October, and if successful they will go on to compete at O.A.A.S. Provincial Convention in 2024. PROV. PRIZES: 1st – $50 | 2nd – $30 | 3rd – $20 1st to 3rd prize tarts at convention are auc- tioned off and not returned to winners. REQUIREMENTS FOR SECTION 7: Size of tarts must be full size (no mini). No nuts, raisins or fruit. Place on clean, sturdy plate (no paper plates) inside a clear plastic bag with exhibitor’s name on entry tag provid- ed. (6 tarts required for District and Provin- cial competition)
- 4 Tarts, 2 of 2 varieties, not Butter Tart
- Apple-Cranberry Pie, 4” wedge
- Cherry Pie, with fancy top, 4” wedge
CAKES & COOKIES
- 3 Cupcakes, decorated “Birthday” theme
- 3” Square Piece of Lemon Coffee Cake
- 1/2 Zucchini Loaf
- 3 Gluten-Free Banana Fruit Muffins,
use recipe below Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream together: 1/3 cup canola oil 3/4 cup white sugar 1 egg Add: 3 bananas (mashed) Mix the following dry ingredients together 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour 1/2 cup rice flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt Add dry ingredients to the first mixture to incorporate. Gently stir in 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) or berry of your choice. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 min.
- 5 Brownies, Un-iced
- 5 Baked Squares, 1 variety
- 5 “sandwiched” Cookies
- 5 Baked Cookies made with Breakfast Cereal, Labelled
- Dark Fruit Cake, Un-iced, 3 slices
- Light Fruit Cake, Un-iced, 3 slices
- 5 Fruit Tea biscuits
- 3 Pieces Sponge Toffee
- 5 Pieces of Chocolate Fudge
- 5 Homemade Turtles
- Favourite Snack, Homemade, gluten free, 1 serving
- Favorite homemade snack, in a mug
- Loaf of Sour Dough Bread
CANNED GOODS & PRESERVES, PICKLES, JAMS & JELLIES
Please note the following rules:
- Jars must not be sealed with wax.
- Any jar with a rusty lid will automatically be disqualified.
- Must be shown in jars with 2-piece metal sealing lids – With exception of classes #56 & 57
- All jars entered for competition will be opened for judging.
- No fancy material or labels unless specified.
- All entries may be in 500 ml size or smaller jars, with the exception of those noted below in bold, which must be in 500 ml containers.
- Must use “New” Seals.
- Incorrect size jars will not be judged.
PRIZE SECTIONS 28 – 58:
1st -$6 | 2nd – $5 | 3rd – $4 CANNED FRUITS (note jar sizes)
- Canned Fruit, “Open Class” – kind not already listed (500 ml jar)
- Pears (500 ml jar)
- Peaches (500 ml jar)
- Canned Whole Tomatoes (500 ml jar)
- Fruit cocktail, min 3 fruits (500 ml jar)
- Canned Pie Filling, Labelled (500 ml jar)
- Salsa (500 ml jar or smaller)
PICKLES & CANNED VEGETABLES
(500 ml jar or smaller)
- Sweet Pickles
- Pickled Vegetables
- Chutney, Sweet or Sour
- Cucumber Relish
- Relish, no Cucumber
- Dill Cucumbers
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pickled Beets
- Spaghetti Sauce, Meatless
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Chili Sauce
- Pickled Eggs (500 ml jar)
JAMS & JELLIES (500 ml jar or smaller) This section sponsored by BARRIE HILL FARMS – Providing a wide range of fruit for all your preserving needs
- Grape Jelly
- Wine Jelly
- “Open Class” Jelly, Labelled, 1 fruit, not already listed
- Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Mixed Fruit Jam, Labelled
- Peach Jam, Cooked
- “Open Class” Cooked Jam, Labelled, one fruit not already listed
- Savoury Jam, Labelled (#56 & #57 do not have to be in sealed jars)
- Strawberry Jam, Freezer
- Raspberry Jam, Freezer
- 4 pieces of Fruit leather, 1” x 4”
NEW EXHIBITOR AWARD
To the NEW Exhibitor with the most points in Sections A thru 58, inclusive – $10
2022 NEW EXHIBITOR AWARD
Winner: Sandy Walsh
SPECIAL: PINERITCH FUR FARM LTD.
Most prize winning points in all Specials & Classes in Domestic Science section Special #A to 58 – Plaque.
2022 PINERITCH FUR FARM LTD Winner: